Baker asks for a pay off

My brother, who just retired from 20 years in the military (served in Iraq), a month earlier. Was driving a van with dump trailer in tow.

The place I was renting was being torn down. I had some excess gravel, i figured let me take it in town, 2 miles away and let them do what they want with it (give it away or sell it, who cares, better than having the wrecker take it to the dump).

I filled it up, my brother took off, in town Baker pulls him over and the first thing he says, to my brother is that "he is over weight and that if he had $1.100 cash, he would let my brother go, other wise, other wise he would haul him in and it would cost a lot more". My brother not use to this, asked if he would get a receipt, baker got pissed and arrested my brother.

We had to come up with $1,350? or my brother would spend his first weekend in Cook Count Jail. A few local merchants helped us out.
Baker is just another dirty cop, working for Mullins.